Learn more about our group therapy for anxiety. *New group forming for January, 2018*
The Anxiety Clinic is a service of the Center for Psychological Services and Development (CPSD) at VCU. We offer evidence-based psychological treatments (talk therapies) and in-depth assessment of psychological functioning for children, adolescents, and adults with a wide variety of anxiety and related disorders, including:
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Social anxiety and social phobia
- Selective mutism
- Generalized anxiety/excessive worrying
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Separation anxiety in youths
- Phobias and fears
Learn more about the problems we treat.
At the Anxiety Clinic, we offer treatments for anxiety and related problems that are backed by scientific research, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT)
- Exposure therapies
- Habit reversal training (HRT
- Exposure and response prevention (ERP)
- Trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral treatment (TFCBT)
Learn more about the treatments we provide.
Apply for services: You can call the CPSD at (804) 828-8069 to ask questions about the Anxiety Clinic. Alternatively, you can fill out an application for services online.